The D day - The day you’ve been dreaming about since you were a little girl- all eyes on you, everyone wants to get a picture with you, dance with you; they're all gushing over your dress and your hair!
While you are prepping up for your dream to come true, don’t overestimate make-up and underestimate skincare. From head to toe, you want to look flawless, and nothing looks better than healthy dewy skin.
Here’s a list of top 10 things to do, to shine bright like a diamond on your day:
1. Green tea- We all know who tops the list of “unwanted guests” on your wedding day- a big fat pimple on your face. Horror story, right?
Green tea’s antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and astringent properties help in fighting both acne and blackheads. Starting drinking green tea 6 months before your wedding. 2 cups of green tea a day, keeps the acne away!
2. Don’t try new products- We appreciate being adventurous and trying out new things in life, however eager beaver, stow your curiosity for a couple of weeks - you do not want to risk a reaction. Stick to your usual routine and try to go natural with ingredients.
3. Opt for personalized skincare- Don’t leave it to luck that a zit or acne won’t show up on the D day. Stop praying, and go scientific instead. Take an online skin assessment about your environment, lifestyle & skin type, and let experts make a product guaranteed to suit your skin. It’s the most important day in your life- guarantees are necessary.
4. Regular facials- Star getting facials at least 6 months prior to your wedding date. This ensures ample hydration of the skin and eliminates the risk of any reactions from the products used in the facials. Book your last facial a week before the wedding day.
5. Water- Water hydrates your skin and delivers nutrients to the skin cells. The amount of water you drink will clearly show on your face in the form of glow. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day to shine your best.
6. Natural products- Commercial skin care products have synthetic ingredients that can cause an unwanted reaction on contact with your skin. Stay away from alcohol based products and artificial fragrances. Try to opt for clean beauty.
7. Catch straight 8 hours of sleep every day to avoid breakdown of skin cells. Lack of sleep messes up the moisture & collagen level of the skin - making it dehydrated, red and prone to breakouts. Sleeping less also lowers the pH level of complexion and puts dark circles under eyes.
8. Your two nemeses at this time are alcohol and coffee. Avoid drinking & eating food that results in dehydration. If you are already in the wedding party zone and can’t avoid alcohol, nullify its damage by drinking substantially more water every day.
9. Don’t stress it- Have you noticed that when you are stressed out, you get irritated very easily? Similarly, when you are stressed, your skin is more prone to getting irritated. Stress brings in a rush of a hormone called cortisol. Cortisol triggers our oil glands to produce excess oil, making our skin more prone to acne. Put on some soothing music and try to meditate.
10. Know your vitamins- In case you are dieting (you obviously are), don’t forget to take your dose of multi-vitamins. While dieting makes you lose weight, it often results in loss of glow from your face too. Make sure you get the right amount of Vitamin C, D, and E to maintain that shine!