Are you starting to feel sorry for yourself that you’ve combination skin? Stop right there! If you think finding out which product suits you the best is a task…told you to stop before!
Because these DIY homemade facemasks are here to your rescue:
- Banana Oatmeal Honey Face Mask: Oiliness, clogged pores, dull skin? Say goodbye to all these with this facemask. Just mash a ripe banana (1/2) with honey (1 tablespoon) & oats ( 1 to 2 tablespoons) in a mixing bowl. Stir till you get a thick paste then apply gently to your clean face & let it rest for 10-15 minutes. When the time’s up, remove with a warm washcloth & voila! Bet your skin feels better just by thinking about it.
- Eggwhite-Yogurt Face Mask: Loose pores & oiliness worrying you? Poof that worry away with this mask. Stir well 1 tablespoon yogurt & 1 egg white in a mixing bowl. Slather the mix to your face, except eye & the mouth area, and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. When the mask is completely dried up, rinse with warm water & subsequently with cool water. That’s all.
- Avocado Coconut Oil Face Mask: Want to control oil & fix dry skin? Then (you guessed it) just rely on this mask. Cut out ¼ of Avocado, make a lump-free paste with it then add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Massage it onto your face, let it sink into your pores for 10-15 minutes then wash it off with cool water. And yay! Give way to oil controlled hydrated skin.
There you go. DIY face masks are undoubtedly one of the finest inventions of mankind. They’re quick & get the job done. But, there are more things that can prove to be really helpful for people with combination skin such as dietary & lifestyle changes.
- Hydrate: You just can’t take this lightly! Water is your skin’s BFF & you must drink a lot of it to keep your skin happy.
- De-stress: Everyone is just hustling & usually under constant work pressure. Well, guess what? This not only messes up your mental health but also reflects on your skin. So, exercise regularly, meditate every now & then. Basically, let your skin love you back.
- Sleep: Whoever said beauty sleep doesn’t exist clearly the person didn’t know the true art of napping. So, you try and don’t disturb your sleep cycle, get 8 hours of sleep & wake up fresh every morning.
- Dietary supplements: Salmon, flaxseeds, walnuts, chia seeds are an amazing source of fatty acid. Introduce these into your diet or any other source of fatty acid & you’ll be on your way to healthier skin. Also, cut down on processed food and sugar but eat green veggies, just like your mom told you to!
See? Skincare for combination skin is a piece of cake. And the first step towards it is self-care. Make the right decisions, consciously choose what you put on your skin & what you eat.
If you’re looking for something more than a temporary fix for your combination skin then try Yours Personalised Skincare. Take our free skin test & we’ll happily provide a skincare routine, personalized just for your combination skin.